Thursday, January 25, 2007

Slap My Guit Up!

On the subject of guitar, let me just banter a bit about some alternative ways of playing that have inspired me. Like any average G-string puller littered 'round this side of Guitar Heroes Clone-O-Rama, I am constantly working on improving every known conventional playing technique I have learnt: bending, hammer-ons, pull-offs, tapping, pinch harmonic wailings, blah blah blah. Haven't I evolved, you ask? Well, do not underestimate the power of conventional playing. An integration of the above techniques (and more. See "blah blah blah") in the context of a driving number damped with classical-metal amalgated influence would produce something like





Scarified by Racer X (that's Paul Gilbert burning on the guitar)

Or see my previous post about Canon Rock.

As if those aren't enough to make your fingers bleed and brain cloud, here comes



Erik Mongrain telling you that you don't have to wank the guitar the same way all the time.

For those of us who are stuck or overly obsessed with trying to "get it right", step out into the sun for a moment and let the music happen. Your guitar still loves you in spite of what you can, able and will do to it, and would scream, wail, pop, whisper, ping and whine at your command.

Will your __________ let you do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home